By: Greg Staley
A group of 9 doctors is calling on Premier Ford and Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. David Williams to “join a multidisciplinary team in an open academic discussion, to be held publicly, about the events surrounding Ontario’s pandemic response over the last year and into the future.”
The list of Doctors is as follows:
- Dr. H. C. Tenenbaum (Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto),
- Dr. B. A. Mallard (Professor of Immunogenetics, Department of Pathobiology, University of Guelph),
- Dr. B. W. Bridle (Associate Professor of Viral Immunology, Department of Pathobiology, University of Guelph),
- Dr. M Palmer (Associate Professor of Biochemistry, University of Waterloo),
- Dr. P.E Alexander (Assistant Professor of Health Research Methodology, Evidence-Based-Medicine, Department of Health Research, McMaster University),
- Dr. D. Decunha (Clinical and Chief Psychologist, Psychology Works, Toronto),
- Dr. P. Oldfield (PhD, Independent Scientific/Regulatory Consultant, Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry),
- Dr. L Rapson (Assistant Professor Department of Family and Community Medicine U of Toronto),
- Dr. I. Bernstein (B.Sc., M.D., C.C.F.P., F.C.F.P., Lecturer, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto).
Topics of discussion
The letter calling out the Premier to a debate says the “topics we want to cover include, but are not limited to” followed by a list of 7 questions.
Some of those questions were:
- What are the actual dangers of SARS-COV-2 by age?
- What is the rationale for the current vaccine roll-out and alteration to the manufacturers recommended vaccination protocols?
- What controls are in place to limit the number of cycles used in performing PCR tests to 30 cycles to avoid undue false positives inflating the cases reported?
- How effective are stringent population-wide restrictions and are they the best response given the collateral damage?
- Why are early multidrug treatment measures proven to be highly effective not being employed to save lives in Ontario?
The letter includes some scathing remarks towards the Governments handling of Covid. It said “for over a year the Government of Ontario has used a blanket non-targeted and population-wide approach using measures that now appear to be, at best, arbitrary and worse capricious.”
The group of doctors added that these measures “have led to unnecessary death of our seniors and collateral damage to our society’s mental health, deaths of despair, drug overdoses (intentional or not), alcoholism, suicidal ideation and worse.”
They continued airing their frustrations by stating that “the education of our children has been hurt beyond comprehension.” They added a sentiment that echoed Operational Underground Railroad directors Tim Ballard’s thoughts on the need for schools to stay open – they prevent child abuse as they are one of the first lines of defence to detect it.
On this topic the doctors added the following to their letter:
“The school environment is often the 1st place where evidence for child abuse or certain illnesses are initially recognized.” The letter added that “the incidence of presentation to emergency departments of parents with injured children caused by child abuse has increased dramatically!”
The letter concludes by saying that “In the interest of the 14.7 million people living in this Province, we want to provide all of them with a transparent discussion of the data, facts, and alternatives so we can all make an informed, collective decisions on how best to move forward with the interests of every demographic in mind.”
Diverge Media is an independent Canadian media company dedicated to bringing you the stories that matter. We don’t receive Government funds and rely entirely on the purchases and donations of readers/viewers to help us continue our work. You can support Diverge Media by visiting our online store for merch – or by donating in the form below. All the best – the Diverge Media team.