By: Broderick Visser
Written on 2021-06-20
While Ontario still has no plan to repeal mask mandates — western provinces like Alberta and Saskatchewan will be lifting health restrictions by early to mid-July.
Alberta Premier Jason Kenney announced Sunday that Alberta would have “no more restrictions starting July 1.”
Sask., Premier Scott Moe announced Sunday that on July 11, orders will be lifted in the province “because so many have done their part by rolling up their sleeves & sticking it to COVID.”
“We have now reached the vaccination target to begin Step 3 on Saskatchewan’s reopening roadmap and we’re extremely close to reaching the final target — 70 per cent of everyone over the age of 12 getting their first shot of vaccine,” said Moe in the above video.
Saskatchewan will be enjoying their summers while Ontario will be waiting and wondering why they can’t go about their lives mask-free.
Although he did note the mask mandate will be lifted, CTV News Regina reports that “requirements may be in effect in workplaces and at the discretion of business owners.”
“Of course, you may wish to continue wearing your mask in certain situations, but that will be up to you.”Sask. Premier Scott Moe
When you search the term “face coverings” in the Ontario reopening plan, only six references of the term appear.
When referenced, they only suggest when and where it’s possible to wear face coverings — not when Ontario will no longer have face coverings. The term “mask” doesn’t appear in the plan.
- “Step 2: Further expanding outdoor activities and resuming limited indoor services with small numbers of people and with face coverings being worn.”
- “Step 3: Expanding access to indoor settings, with restrictions, including where there are larger numbers of people and where face coverings can’t always be worn.”
- “Open indoors with small numbers and face coverings and expand outdoors” (In reference to step 2).
- “Personal care services where face coverings can be worn at all times.” (In reference to step 2).
- “Expand indoors where face coverings can’t always be worn.” (In reference to step 3).
- “Services that require the removal of a face covering not permitted.” (In reference to step 2 and personal care services).
Saskatchewan began Step 2 of its reopening plan on Sunday. They begin Step 3 on July 11 while Ontario will have just entered Step 2.
Media is a Virus T-shirt
This t-shirt was hand drawn by an artist under the commission of Diverge Media.
The Media is a virus shirt was made because viruses can either infect the minds of the population with good information that can fuel good decisions or poor information that promotes poor ones.
Help support independent media with this one of a kind t-shirt!